We help landlords across the United States by providing Tenant Screening Services consisting of National Civil Courts Searches, National Criminal Searches, Credit Checks, and Deep-Dive Background Checks in all 50 states; including but not limited to
Evanston IL 60201-60204 & 60208-60209:
Introducing a new way of screening prospective tenants using our private detective agency. Our private detective agency offers very valuable service to all landlords in Evanston who want to protect their investments and want to be able to choose the best qualified tenants.
Due to the tenant protection programs, eviction moratoriums, and sealed eviction records it has become very difficult for landlords in Evanston to distinguish qualified and paying tenants, from those abusing the system. An ordinary credit check and checking references are no longer enough. We provide law-enforcement grade background checks and information that is not available from ordinary sources.
We help landlords across the United States by providing Tenant Screening Services consisting of National Civil Courts Searches, National Criminal Searches, Credit Checks, and Deep-Dive Background Checks in all 50 states. We empower landlords to make right decisions, to reduce their risk, and to maximize their rent collection.
To find out how this works and what information we can provide you, please visit our Landlords page at https://inquisitores.com/landlords/. Our Tenant Screening Services benefit all landlords, please broadcast this information to anybody that you know could benefit from our deep-dive background and credit checks. Thank you.
Prior to the 1830s, the area now occupied by Evanston was mainly uninhabited, consisting largely of wetlands and swampy forest. However, Potawatomi Indians used trails along higher lying ridges that ran in a general north-south direction through the area, and had at least some semi-permanent settlements along the trails. French explorers referred to the general area as “Grosse Pointe” after a point of land jutting into Lake Michigan about 13 miles (21 km) north of the mouth of the Chicago River. After the first non-Native Americans settled in the area in 1836, the names “Grosse Point Territory” and “Gross Point voting district” were used through the 1830s and 1840s, although the territory had no defined boundaries. The area remained only sparsely settled, supporting some farming and lumber activity on some of the higher ground, as well as a number of taverns or “hotels” along the ridge roads. Grosse Pointe itself steadily eroded into the lake during this period.
In 1850, a township called Ridgeville was organized, extending from Graceland Cemetery in Chicago to the southern edge of the Ouilmette Reservation, along what is now Central Street, and from Lake Michigan to Western Avenue in Chicago. The 1850 census shows a few hundred settlers in this township, and a post office with the name of Ridgeville was established at one of the taverns. However, no municipality yet existed. In 1851, a group of Methodist business leaders founded Northwestern University and Garrett Biblical Institute. They chose a bluffed and wooded site along the lake as Northwestern’s home, purchasing several hundred acres of land from Dr. John Foster, a Chicago farm owner. In 1854, the founders of Northwestern submitted to the county judge their plans for a city to be named Evanston after John Evans, one of their leaders. In 1857, the request was granted. The township of Evanston was split off from Ridgeville Township; at approximately the same time, that portion of Ridgeville south of Devon Avenue was organized as Lake View Township. The nine founders, including John Evans, Orrington Lunt, and Andrew Brown, hoped their university would attain high standards of intellectual excellence. Today these hopes have been fulfilled, as Northwestern consistently ranks with the best of the nation’s universities. Evanston was formally incorporated as a town on December 29, 1863, but declined in 1869 to become a city despite the Illinois legislature passing a bill for that purpose. Evanston expanded after the Civil War with the annexation of the village of North Evanston. Finally, in early 1892, following the annexation of the village of South Evanston, voters elected to organize as a city. The 1892 boundaries are largely those that exist today.
During the 1960s, Northwestern University changed the city’s shoreline by adding a 74-acre (30 ha) lake fill. In 1939, Evanston hosted the first NCAA basketball championship final at Northwestern University’s Patten Gymnasium. In August 1954, Evanston hosted the second assembly of the World Council of Churches, still the only WCC assembly to have been held in the United States. President Dwight Eisenhower welcomed the delegates, and Dag Hammarskjöld, secretary-general of the United Nations, delivered an important address entitled “An instrument of faith”. Evanston first received power in April 1893. Many people lined the streets on Emerson St. where the first appearance of street lights were lined and turned on. Today, the city is home to Northwestern University, Music Institute of Chicago, and other educational institutions, as well as headquarters of Alpha Phi International women’s fraternity, Rotary International, the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, the National Lekotek Center, the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, the Sigma Chi Fraternity and the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union. Evanston is the birthplace of Tinkertoys, and is the one of the locations having originated the ice cream sundae. Evanston was the home of the Clayton Mark and Company, which for many years supplied the most jobs. Evanston was a dry community from 1858 until 1972, when the City Council voted to allow restaurants and hotels to serve liquor on their premises. In 1984, the Council voted to allow retail liquor outlets within the city limits.